Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Steven And Velma's Birthday Dinner

I have been busy at work. We got our numbers down low enough to have Saturday off but it was a close one. I spent the day working on projects around the house. We took my brother Steven and his girlfriend, Velma, out tot eat for their birthday dinner.

I started my day working on projects around the house. I took the trash to the dump. They change the recycling again at the dump, to where you put all your paper, glass, cans and plastics all together. It was interesting watching people trying to figure out the new system. Show many people do not take the time to read the signs. After the dump, I stopped by Lowe's to get a filter for the AC. Changing out the filter went smoothly. I do need to take the time to cut some of the plant away from the AC Unit outside. I would have done it today but the afternoon storm was starting and I needed to get ready for dinner.

Steven and Velma

Today was Steven's birthday and Velma's birthday is later this month. As our family tradition of taking family members out to eat for their birthdays, mom and I took Steven and Velma out to Cracker Barrel Old Country Store in Flat Rock, North Carolina. Our waitress, Alexis, gave us great service even with having several tables seated at once in her section. We had to wait to have our for our order to be taken but one of the managers did get our drinks for us while we waited. Steven and Velma seemed to enjoy their meals. Mom and Steven has the beef campfire meal. I had the lemon pepper rainbow trout it tasted good. I normally do not order dessert but I ordered the s'mores. I was not disappointed with my dessert.

Beef Campfire Meal

Lemon Pepper Rainbow Trout

S'mores

After dinner, Mom and I took Steven and Velma back to the group home then we went shopping for new clothes for our upcoming trip. Both of us do not have much clothes that is not for work. I wanted to make sure mom had some nice looking clothes to wear for our trip to Charleston, South Carolina next week. We both had people recommend the same restaurant to us to try while we are down in Charleston. We are planning to have dinner there one night. We both are looking forward to the trip. It will be mom's first time in Charleston. I have been down there many times. I am sure we both will enjoy our time there.

It has been a busy day. I have a few more projects I hope to get working on before I head to bed tonight.

No comments: