Bible Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Charleston Trip July 10 -12, 2017: South Carolina Aquarium

Monday afternoon, mom and I toured the South Carolina Aquarium in Charleston, South Carolina. I recommend parking in the parking deck for the aquarium while you are exploring the city. Their were a couple things I enjoyed seeing at the aquarium but their is not much for people over the age of 12. If you have kids with you it is worth the visit. Right next to the aquarium is the the loading for the boat tour over to Fort Sumter.




The rays are in a outdoor section of the aquarium in this section you have a great view on the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge. The Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge connects Charleston and Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. It is a nice bridge to drive over and you can walk over it too. The next time I go to Charleston I plan to walk across the bridge.




Rattle Snakes and copperhead!


Shark!


Shrimp


<.

Lego display, one of many throughout the aquarium.



On the one side of the Aquarium is the port where they unload new car from the ships. They park the car on the dock until they are loaded on the car carrier to go to the dealership.

You also get a good view of the USS Yorktown from the aquarium. Mom and I tour the Yorktown on Tuesday morning. It is covered in tomorrow post.

2 comments:

L. D. said...

We have a science center in downtown Des Moines and it is basically a teaching facility for kids. We went with grandkids and it was hard to find things that adults would enjoy to see. That is an unusual support system for the bridge. That would be great to see the sights while walking it.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

L.D. ~ ~I was disappointed a little bit with the aquarium since there is very little for the adults that bring the kids. I do love going to the aquarium in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I plan to walk the bridge the next time I go to Charleston. The bridge is a big improvement over the bridges it replaced. They were scary to go over.