Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, July 24, 2017

Charleston Trip July 10 -12, 2017: Food

Mom and I eat at some great restaurants while on are vacation in Charleston. My goal was not to eat at chain restaurants, try to keep it to local restaurants. I wanted to eat something I could not get at restaurants back at home. We had a couple places that people recommended to us and we just stopped at others. We enjoyed the places we eat. We eat breakfast at the hotel switch saved us time and money.

On Monday for lunch, we ate at the Noisy Oyster. The Noisy Oyster is at 24 N Market St in Charleston, which is at the corner of East Bay and Market Streets. It is right across the road from the Custom House and the City Market. Mom and I had the Fried Seafood Platter. They sell if at market price. It cost $25 the day we eat it which is a little more then want we normally would pay for about the same dish at a seafood restaurant. While we were on vacation and I hope it was fresh being we where closer to the ocean. It did taste good and had some flavor for friend food.

I liked the decor in the restaurant. They have some boats hanging from the ceiling and there is a shark. Then you have the breeze from the open air when you have the garage door windows open. I read a review complaining about it being open air and the traffic. I believe the openness adds to the restaurant. Besides, you are in the city the traffic is not the bad. I have seen worst traffic in my little city where I live. I enjoyed watching the car and people going about their day as I enjoyed my lunch. It is a great place to eat and people watch.

The boats and the shark

The seating, you can see the garage door then use as windows.

The view from our seat looking at the city market.

For Monday nights dinner, we eat at Page’s Okra Grill at 302 Coleman Blvd in Mount Pleasant. We had three people recommend us to eat at Page's Okra Grill. I am glad I listened to their recommendation. Page's Okra Grill has also been featured on Food Paradise - Southern Comfort Food on the Travel Channel. The show will air July 26th 11 am EST and August 12th 3 pm EST according to the restaurant's website. They have the best Shrimp and Grits, I have every had. The quality of the food is worth the wait. They have indoor and outdoor seating. I recommend eating inside. If you cannot find a parking spot in the main parking lot, their is additional parking across Lucas Street is a dirt lot. Out of the restaurants, we eat at, Page’s Okra Grill, is the one I am looking forward to eating at the next time I am in the Charleston area.

Chair outside Page’s Okra Grill

On Tuesday we did not stop any wear for lunch. We eat some small snacks through out the day. We eat dinner at Bacco Italian Restaurant at 976 Houston Northcutt Blvd in Mount Pleasant. They are located in a little shopping center at the corner of Houston Northcutt Blvd and Coleman Blvd. The outside maybe not be the most impressive but has with all good food, it is wants inside the counts. The dining area is very cozy. The food is very good. I had their Eggplant Parmigiana. It was the best Eggplant Parmigiana, I have had. It was full of flavor. I wish there was an Italian restaurant was good as this one close to where I live.

On Wednesday, we eat lunch at Melvin's Barbecue at 925 Houston Northcutt Blvd in Mount Pleasant before heading home. We eat there because we wanted to eat some barbecue and it was along US Highway 17. They have been serving barbecue since 1939 and have been featured on The Travel Channel's show "Delicious Destinations Charleston" with Andrew Zimmern. They have some good barbecue. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and I enjoyed it a lot. I liked their pickle and pepper bar, it was a nice touch to the restaurant. This was the closes we got to eating at a chain restaurant. I think they only have one other location near Folly Beach.

The sign above our table.

We enjoyed all the restaurant and would eat at all of them again when are in Charleston next time. I am looking forward to trying some of the other restaurants I saw but did not have time to try, too.

No comments: