Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Smoke From Wildfires

Today, was the first day of my vacation. I have the whole week off from work. I stayed inside today due to the smoke from several wildfires in the area. It was good to stay inside because it gave me time to focus on working on my books for my online store. I plan to work on my books a lot but it is not the only thing I plan to do this week. Monday, mom and I plan to go down to Greenville, South Carolina to do some shopping and sightseeing. I am also planning to go on a day hike or two with my friends, Joey and Seth.

Here is Western North Carolina we have not seen rain in rain. It is really dry outside. There is several wildfires in the area. Today, the smoke from the fires were really heavy today. The closes fire is around 15 miles (24 km) away from my house. It is called the Party Rock fire it is 2883 acres in size and only 15 percent contained. There has been mandatory evacuation issue for the area around the fire. Good news is no homes have been destroyed at this time. I hope it stays that way.

Smoke from my house. The camera did not pickup the smoke too good.

Mom and I went to the store across town to get a few things. The store is closer to the fire and the camera picked up the smoke better but the smoke was heavier than these pictures show.

While waiting on one of mom's medicines we looked around the store at the holiday stuff. I think my niece would love this display in the Christmas section of the store.

No comments: