Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, June 13, 2016

Jessica's Wedding

This weekend, I went to my niece's Wedding in Indiana. The wedding was held at an event center near Grissom Air Reserve Base in Peru, Indiana. This was my first trip to Indiana.

Field in back of hotel.
My mom and I, followed my brother, Tim and his wife up to Kokomo, Indiana where my niece lives. We had a 9 hour drive including the stops for gas and bathroom breaks. On the way up to Indiana, we only had to slow down for one accident. When we got to Kokomo, we stopped at the hotel my brother stay at the time he had gone up to Indiana before. They only had one room left and the lady at the front desk have rude. We left and looked for another hotel. We ended up at the Hampton Inn in Kokomo. The Front Desk was very friendly and helpful. They gave us the wedding rate for the weekend. Their was four weddings in town this weekend. The hotel was very nice and even with being full it was quiet in our room. Mom and I plan to stay their when we go back up in August for my nephew's wedding. Our only problem was it is hard to see the sign in one direction from the road and you have to cut through the parking lot of other businesses to get to the hotel.

After, we got checked into the hotel, we went to dinner at Half Moon Restaurant and Brewery. We ended up waiting for almost an hour to be seated. They were very busy due to the schools in the area having Graduation. The food was good and worth the wait.

Saturday morning, after doing some last minute shopping for the wedding, we headed to my niece's house. We spend a little time with my niece and the groom before they head out for the wedding. My mom help my sister and niece with final preparations.

The corn field in back of my niece's house.

My youngest niece, Julie, was the flower girl.

Bride being given-away by her grandfather, her dad's father.

The exchanging of the vows.

Exchanging of the Rings.

The first kiss.

Presentation of the couple.

The wedding cake.

This was the first time that I have been with all my sister's kids together. I was happy to get a picture of all my family there. This picture was my mom, my sister and all six of her kids and their significant other and their kids, my brother and his wife and me.

I enjoyed my vacation and look forward to my trip in August. I will try to work it out where I can stay a couple more day to spend more time with my family.

No comments: