Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Lisa and Scott's Birthday Dinner

As you guys who have been following Mountain Highs and Valley Lows, I have been busy at work due to changing to a new computer program we use to do our operations. I have also had a couple other projects to do outside of work too which cause me to step back from the blog for a little. I am hoping that I can start focusing on blog post again now that I have finished a couple of the projects up and we are starting to catch-up on the work load at work.

This evening my mom and I treated my sister, Lisa, and brother-in-law, Scott, out for dinner for their birthdays which were back in February. We did it tonight because since February I have been working six and seven days a week. This was the first time I could take them out due to work and other family events. Scott wanted to go to Outback Steakhouse since he use to work there and have not been there in a while.

I have never been hugely impressed with Outback Steakhouse but I am not turned off by them. There food is okay and I have always gotten good service. Lisa and Scott enjoyed their dinners. Scott does not eat much and only had chicken tenders. Lisa had a sirloin steak which she enjoyed. Mom and I had prime rib. We all agreed our food was good. My prime rib had good taste and was cooked as ordered but it did not have the melt in your mouth feeling I like when I eat prime rib. I did like the seasoning they had on the prime rib. Steaks are a treat when I have them since I do not have steak that often even at house. It is more a treat when I eat out since it coat so much. Your server did a great job. He was quick to respond to our needs and kept out drinks full. Mom works with him at the restaurant she works at so he has two jobs. I made sure I left him a good tip. I may have to stop at Outback again some time in the future. Maybe with just mom and I and hopefully one day with Jo Anne.

After dinner, we stopped at the grocery store to get a few things for Lisa and Scott before taking them home. They both thanked us for the great evening and dinner. Mom and I enjoyed our evening and it was good to get out of the house for a little too.

8 comments:

Denise inVA said...

Sounds like a great evening. I have not been to the Outback for a long time.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Denise in VA ~ It was a great evening and everyone said they enjoyed it. This was the first time in year that I have been to Outback.

joeh said...

Better to be busy working than blogging, but too busy is can be a drag. I like Outback, consistently good food, service, and reasonably priced.

Linda said...

Looks like a great time!

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Linda ~ Everyone had a great time. Good food and time with family.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Joe ~ I father be busy working then blogging too. I have been bordering on being too busy. I hope to start working on some other projects and blogging more now.

L. D. said...

My neighbor lady planned to take us out for primed rib. I broke a tooth the day before and we just went with her anyway. I ended up eating spaghetti and meatballs. I would like to return when my teeth are up to par and eat prime rib. We have not been to Outback for years. One of my wife's friend wanted to go there a lot so we met her and family there. I like steak a lot but we cut down on the red meat that we eat. Enjoyed you post.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

L.D. ~ I rarely eat steak so the prime rib was a treat for me. I hope your teeth heal soon.