Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Survived The First Week Of The New Computer System

Monday was the first day of live use of the new computer system at the warehouse where I work. This week was a crazy week. Monday night I stood around a lot. The few orders I did get the computer seemed to stop communicate with the server a lot. Tuesday, I picked a lot more but was still having the communication problem. At one point, I was tempted to throw the handheld I was using at the wall. I am glad that on Wednesday and Thursday they had me pick some orders off paper or otherwise I would have lost my mind. Friday and Saturday things went a lot smoother since the computer guys got a lot of the bugs worked out. There still are a lot of bugs to work out but most of them are in other parts of the warehouse.

It looks like I'll be working a lot of overtime for the next several weeks. I do believe once the bugs are worked out and everyone gets used to the new computer system things will return back to normal at work. They are calling for a winter storm this week but it does not seem like it will too bad.

2 comments:

joeh said...

A new computer system is like a new pair of shoes, hurt like heck, but eventually they are an improvement.

L. D. said...

I remember working a garden center one summer and it never failed that the computer lost its connection to the server. I didn't work there the next summer because of it. I want it to work like it is suppose to.