Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, August 08, 2015

This Weedend's Project: New Faucet In Bathroom

Thursday morning the nut that connected the hot waterline to the faucet in the main bathroom broke. Mom turn the water off at shutoff valve under the sink. Since no water was leaking and the cold water still worked I decided to wait for the weekend to fix it. We also decided to replace the faucet as while. The faucet's handles kept falling apart. I did not like how it looked either.

The Old Faucet

Old Waterline. You can see where the nut broke off.

I have never replaced a faucet before be from looking at it and watching a couple videos on YouTube, it looked easy. I went to Lowe's this afternoon and got all the stuff I needed. I only problem I had was getting the old hot waterline off. Once I got it off things went smoothly. It took a little work to get the old silicone off that the person who installed the old faucet used. I am glad I used plumber's putty. They made stain free plumber's putty for marble and granite.

I got everything installed and I am happy to say with no leaks. I am happy it went so smoothly and works and looks good.

The New Waterlines

The Faucet

I am glad I did the project myself. I do not look forward to doing every project around my house but it feel good to do it yourself and to know you are taking care of your own house.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Congratulations. Hubby wouldn't know where to start.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valarie ~ I would not know where to start on a lot of the projects if it was not for YouTube and one if my friends and my brother.