Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, July 09, 2015

Wintergreen Falls In DuPont State Forest

Today, my friend, Seth and I went to Wintergreen Falls in DuPont State Forest. We had an enjoyable hike. Since I had not been to the falls before I was not sure if we were on the right trail almost all the way to the falls. Our hike started at the parking area at the Guion farm access. The hike down to the falls took between 20 and 30 minutes.

A long the trail were some big boulders in the woods on the one side of the trail.




When you come to the creek you are just below the falls. I walked up the trail over the rock a long side the creek to get up to the falls.


There is a nice pool of water to swim in but rock are slippery even on the dry part of the rock.


Wintergreen Falls is short falls but as you see very beautiful and well worth the hike to them.


Now that I got the Wintergreen Falls checked off my List of things to see up at DuPont State Forest, I think I will try going to see all the lakes and revisit High Falls and Triple Falls.

2 comments:

L. D. said...

It is a great falls in such a pretty location.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

L.D. ~ Yes great looking falls and easy to get to.