Bible Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

July 7 , 2015 Gatlinburg Trip, Part 1: Oconaluftee Vistor Center

Tuesday, Mom and I took a trip to spend the day in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I decided to take US Highway 441 through the Great Smokey National Park since I never took that way to Gatlinburg before. I have always taking Interstate 40 to go to Gatlinburg. It was a enjoyable ride with only one slow poke on the last part of the Blue Ridge Parkway going in to the National Park.

Mom and I stopped at the Oconaluftee Vistor Center and Mountain Farm Museum at the North Carolina entrance just outside of Cherokee, North Carolina to stretch are legs before traveling on through the park.

Farm House

Blacksmith Shop

The Pigs

The chickens on the back side of the barn.

Mom going inside the barn.

Corn

Inside the Corn Crib

Farm Equipment

Field next to the farm museum where sometimes you can see elk.

After walking around here we continued unto Gatlinburg by driving through the park. We had a nice ride without any really slow drivers. I did have a person behind me riding kind of close to me most of the way. We made it through a road construction zone safety near the Vistor Center on the Tennessee side of the park. It looks like they do the work at night.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

An interesting day out with lots to see.

L. D. said...

It looks like a very interesting place to visit. It is good when they preserve a period in time that way.