Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Double Hit Of Bad News

Sorry for not posting for over a week now. I have been trying to decide on how to write this post. Due to a paperwork error, I had to come back home instead of staying in the Philippines as I had planned. Jo Anne and I was very upset about not being able to be with one another as we planned to be for two weeks. When I got back home I receive a letter from Immigration informing me that Jo Anne's Visa was deny. I guess you can say it was a rough couple days.

I am in the process of getting a lawyer to help me with the paperwork error. It is an error here in the United States. Immigration in the Philippines said they did not have a problem with letting me in the Philippines but it was the United States Government with the problem. It does not look like it would be to hard to take care of the issue once I find the right lawyer.

Jo Anne and I have decided not to appeal the Visa decision since we do not have the enough time to file a proper appeal and it would just be a waste of money. We are going to try some of our other options at this time. Even with the bad news, I feel more at peace with things and believe God will still see us together as husband and wife one day. I am sorry for not getting into the details but I want to keep a little privacy for Jo Anne and I while we share our life journey. We are in a Valley Low right now but we stay focused on God and we will see him move mountains for us.

We are hoping the paperwork issue will be taking care of by next year. We are planning to spend about three weeks together and are discussing going ahead and getting married. We will continue to update you here when something important happens and worth sharing.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Awful news, Dan. I am so sorry for you both. It's a pity you can't get married in the Philippines and bring your wife over.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ Yes, it is sad news but I did get some information today that gives us hope we can get things worked out. We are checking on other options too.