Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day 2015 Outing

For Memorial Day this year, Mom and I heading up to Asheville. Mom wanted to go to the outlet stores in Asheville and I wanted to go to the North Carolina Arboretum. We went to the Arboretum first and looked around. Then we went to the discount shoe store where I got new dress shoes and street shoes for my upcoming trip to the Philippines. Just 31 days to go, I am excited. Mom got her a pair of shoes to wear when we go places when she is off from work. Next stop was the Asheville Outlets. We had dinner at 131 Main in the Biltmore Park Town Square. We both enjoyed our day.

Here is some pictures I took at the Arboretum:

Model Train Village

I like the benches in the lower garden.

Kousa Dogwood

Some art in the garden.

Covered walkway

Chimney

Venus fly trap.

Flowers around a tree.

Quilt Garden

A Relaxing Spot

I like bonsai trees. The Arboretum has a great collection.







5 comments:

Valerie said...

Gosh that's a HUGE venus fly trap. I've only ever seen tiny ones. Glad you and your mom had such a nice day out.

Jo Anne said...

Wonderful pictures my Love, I like the place you visited. Beautiful plants, flowers and art design. I keep counting the days until you get here my Love, I'm so excited too and really can't wait to be with you soon. I love you very much.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ That is not a real fly trap. It is a sculpture that shows how one works.

Jo Anne ~ I cannot wait to take you to the different places here. I cannot wait to be wait you too.

troutbirder said...

Arboreteums are one of my favorite places to visit.... Thanks. :)

Dan the Mountain Man said...

troutbirder ~ Arboretums are one of my favorite places to visit too. They are relaxing.