Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Getting New Stuff Before My Trip

I have a list of things I want to get before I head out on my great adventure to the Philippines. I need to get a couple things for a wedding that I am going to while I am in the Philippines. I wish it was mine but it is not. I have a couple things I need to take care of on the home front before leaving. I am happy to say I got a lot of they taking care of this week.

For the wedding, I needed to get a hole new set of dress clothes. Monday, I got a new pair of dress shoes along with I new pair of street shoes. I like both pairs of shoes and I am sure I will enjoy wearing them on my vacation. I will take my old street shoes to for when, Jo Anne, take me to see where she works. Jo Anne is having a barong tagalog made for me. A barong tagalog is an embroidered formal shirt that Filipinos wear. I got my measurements a couple weeks ago. Jo Anne ordered the barong tagalog for me on Saturday. It should be ready in a couple days. The turn around is faster and the cost is a lot less then if I got one here in the United States. They had more choices on the customer fit ones. How I only need to get a new undershirt to wear under the barong tagalog, black dress pants and some dress socks.

I ordered new bible for home and to take on my trip. I got a English Standard Version with Charcoal leather cover with a Celtic cross design on the front cover. My old bible is falling apart. I will most likely keep the old bible in the car now and use the new bible in the house and take it to church.

On the technology side of things. The postage scale that I use for my online store stopped working completely on Friday. It had been acting up all week. I ordered a new postage scale on eBay, Friday night. I won a auction and only paid $11.60. I should have it on Wednesday or Thursday. Then last night, my cell phone gave out on me again but I was planning to get a new phone next weekend anyway. I spent this afternoon getting my mom and I new phones. Mom's phone was at least five years old. I upgraded to a Motorola Droid Turbo. I like the new phone so far. I am still setting it up. I cannot find the GPS setting right now. I am sure I will figure it out here soon. It is not that important right now anyway.

I took the car in this week to have the transmission serviced since it was due for a check up. Everything checked checked out. Last week I had the back brakes done. So unless something else goes wrong with the car, it should be go to go for my mom to use it while I am away.

I have checked on eBay and read up on have my store set to vacation mode while I am gone. It seem simple enough to switch it on. My listings will still be up so people can buy my books. There will be a note telling them I will not be shipping the things they buy until I get back from my vacation.

I am glad things seems to be coming to together for my trip. I have added a countdown until my trip on the side bar of the blog so you can join Jo Anne and I in our countdown. We are excited to get to see one another again. I plan to take my laptop with me so I can do blog posts while I am there. I guess we will see how everything goes.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

It's all very exciting. The time is going quickly so you will soon be with Jo Anne.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ We are excited and time is flying by quickly.

Jo Anne said...

Soon and very soon my Love, I really can't wait to be with you. I love you very much.