Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, March 07, 2015

Work And Shopping

I have been working a lot of overtime at work the past couple weeks. It looks like I will be working a lot of overtime through the summer this year. We are making some changes at work in preparation for updating the computer system later this year. The extra money is great to have but it leaves me with little time to do anything else but work, sleep and eat. I always manage to find the time to talk with my Love Jo Anne. The time change is good to make it easier to talk. I hate I am going to have a hour less of sleep to night. Sunday is my only day off and has become the busiest day of the week for me with church, shopping for the house for the week ahead and meeting with my friend and mentor, Keith. This Sunday is going to be very busy with my niece's birthday celebration Sunday afternoon.

Friday, stayed up after I got home to work on things around the house and then headed out to go shopping for clothes before work. I got some two pairs of jeans and some running shorts. I got the jeans on sale for 62% off the regular price. I needed to get some good pairs of jeans for work. I believe these jeans will hold up compared to the cheap store brand I have been getting. With the sale I ended up paying the same price for the brand-name jeans as I did for the store brand. I have been planning when the weather start getting warmer to start walking and jogging outside. I do need to lose some weight. I am glad that for the last few years I have stayed stable on my weight. I went to the new sporting goods store in town to get a new pair of shorts. I got a pair of running shorts and a pair of jammers to wear under the shorts. If I keep the walking and jogging up, I plan to get another pair of shorts and jammers. I like the new store but I had to go all the way to the front of the store to find some one to unlock the fitting room so I could try the shorts and jammers on and make short they fit. They were only marked as large which does not mean much since each company sizes differently. When I go shopping in a store, I do not want the salespeople bugging me while I shop but I do not want to have to search all over the store to find help.

While I was looking for someone to help me, I find out my friend, Joey, works at the sporting goods store. He was just there to pick up his check but he helped me find someone to help me. The lady who checked me out, I used to work with. I guess I have two reasons there to go shopping there again. I try to help out my friends and people I know as much as I can. I just hope the sporting goods store gets some more people to work the floor and not just the cash register. I know you are in business to make money but please tell me you are not just in business to make money. Tell me you want to provide me goods and services for the money I give you. I work hard for my money, I am not just going to hand it over to you in exchange for cheap stuff. I am big on customer service when I go shopping. I will be while to pay a little more for good customer service and good quality products. I believe in the long run it save me money.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

We have a big store that seems to have cut down on staff, which means less attention to customers. It really irritates me when I have to search for assistance.

Jo Anne said...

I thank God for providing a way for us to talk everyday and i'm really happy that we didn't missed any single day without talking to one another. Thank you my Love for making it sure we will have a time to talk even if you are really tired from work. I miss you and I love you very very very much my Love.