Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Turning Thoughts To Summer

Now with the days getting warmer I have been thinking more about things to do this summer. I want to take some day trips around the area I live to go hiking and swimming. I have a few projects I want to work on around the house. I will be going to the Philippines this summer to send some time with Jo Anne. I am excited about the trip.

I want to be more active this summer in walking, hiking and swimming to help lose my extra weight. Besides, I enjoy the outdoors. I wish Jo Anne was here so I could show her the places I like to go to. I will take my friend, Seth, when I go swimming out at DuPont State Forest. I have brought some new swimsuits that I want to put to good use this summer at the lakes and waterfalls at DuPont. There is at least one waterfall there I like to go see that I have not been to yet. I need to get myself to start walking around my neighborhood before work.

With the first summer in my new house, I want to work on repairing and replacing some of the landscaping in the yard. I am not sure of all the different flowers and bushes that are planted in the yard. I need the clean out the flower beds and put fresh mulch down. I have wood, rock and bricks that need replacing the border the flower beds. I also need to install lighting out a lot the walkway in the front of the house and on the patio in the back. Of course, I need to get some patio furniture and grill so I can entertain family and friends outside. I have some repairs to the house caused by the winter storms.

I am really looking forward to my trip to that Philippines this summer. Jo Anne will attend the wedding of our niece. I am looking forward to see the rest of my Filipino family. I hope and pray we have good news on Jo Anne's Visa by then. I wish I had more time to spend in the Philippines. I love being in the Philippines. They are very friendly people and the food is wonderful.

I am planning on being very busy this summer and hope I have the time to share it with you here. I hope all of you have a great summer ahead.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

You are going to be a busy bee, that's for sure. Good that you are going to see Jo Anne.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ Yes it looks like I am going to have a very busy year ahead. The best part will be seeing Jo Anne.

Jo Anne said...

I can't wait to see you soon my Love. I really miss you so much. Everyone here is waiting for you.