Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, February 08, 2015

Weekend Of Friends And Family

I have enjoyed this weekend. I had the dedication and house warming party at my house Saturday night and this afternoon I went to my nephews birthday party. It was good to be surrounded by friends and family the whole weekend.

Saturday morning, my friends, Seth and Keith, came over to my house and helped me with the final preparations around the house. Seth and Keith worked on clearing the leaves up in the yard. I only cleaned my dogs deposits up in the yard. Fortunately, she only goes in like four areas in the yard, so it was easy to clean up with my new shovel I got last weekend. Keith got some hinges and hung the doors on my shed. It is nice to be able to close the shed up now and that it is not just wide open for people to see the jump I have inside. Inside, I was busy vacuuming the rugs wiping down the table and counter tops and cooking things for the house warming party. With Seth and Keith's help my house looked very good for the house dedication and house warming party.

The past few weeks, I have been so worried about getting things ready to the house dedication and house warming party. I managed the have the house looking clean and a good bit of food for the party. I made a Tex Mex casserole for the party that everyone liked. I found the recipe on the internet. I have not changed the recipe yet to make it my own recipe. I ordered some pizza online from Papa John's and it was delivered right at the prefect time when the first guests started to showed up for the house dedication. I will be ordering pizza online again some time. My pastor, Pastor Steve, did the dedication after all my guest arrived and we talked a little. He read form verses from the Psalms and Matthew and prayed. Pastor Steve is a man full of wisdom and one I have looked up to for as long as I know him. I am glad to have him as my pastor again. My Sunday school teacher and his wife and couple friends from church came. One of my mother's coworkers was able to make it. Everyone enjoyed the evening. I was so blessed to be surround by people who love and care for me. I truly have some great friends.

Even though I was tired, I skipped my normal Sunday afternoon nap, to attended, my nephew, Victor's birthday party. Mom and I got him some gardening tools. My sister had several kids, mostly from their neighborhood at the party. Victor looked like he had fun with his friends this afternoon. My sister, mom and I had a good time talking while the kids where busy playing.

This was a very enjoyable weekend and good to be surround by my family and friends. I am looking forward to having another party at my house when the weather gets warmer.

6 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Always great to get together with family and friends. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend.

Valerie said...

I am glad it all went well for you, Dan. Perhaps now you can relax a little without any pre-house warming worries.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Denise ~ It is always nice to spend time with family and family. I thank God for a home I can entertain them. It was a great weekend.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ I am glad it went well too. The weather was very nice too. I hope to relax and start focusing on some other things now.

troutbirder said...

Nothing like a big event surrounded by friends & family!...:)

Dan the Mountain Man said...

troutbirder ~ Yes nothing like events surrounded by friends and family. I cannot wait for the weather to get warmer to have some outside.