Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Window Treatments Coming Along

While I have been on vacation from work, I have been working on some things around the house. My main project has been getting the window treatments up for the living room. Today while looking through Lowe's again, I decided to those eggplant colored curtains to use in the living room. I was going to get more panels of the white sheet curtains I already have up but decided to wait on them and try the eggplant curtains.

When I got back home, I put the eggplant curtains up on the window. I like the resulting look. I am sure it will not win me any interior design awards but I like it. When mom got home from work and saw the new curtains said she liked it too. I need to get four more panels of the white sheer curtains and two more panels of the eggplant panels. I will start looking around for something to use for some tiebacks. Besides looking good, it gives us the privacy which we like. I like having the room a little dark the curtains still let the natural light from the outside in.



Once I get the windows completely done, I will work on getting new furniture for the living room. The sofa in comfortable but it with the loveseat needs to be replaced. The cushions will sink down into the sofa if you sit or lay on sofa the wrong way. Mom and I never really liked the white. I saw a three piece coffee and end table set for $150 last week at a second hand store that I like. Unfortunately, I did not have the money to get it at the time. Maybe, I will be lucky and they will still be there after I pay my bills and finish with the window treatment. I have been looking for some lamps too. One step at a time, I will get the house looking more like the home Jo Anne and I want.

No comments: