Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Food Journey: Trick or Treat

With Halloween on Friday, many kids will be going Trick or Treating. My sister, Mary, have been talking about where to take my niece and nephews for Trick or Treat. It is nice to know that many of the things we did when I was young are still doing thing for kids today on Halloween.

When I was young, I did not go Trick or Treating around my neighborhood excepted my elderly neighbor across the road from us. That was to check on her and give her company for a little. My grandparents and my mom would take me and my siblings to the mall and to the stores on Mains Street in town. We would go from store to store and the stores and restaurant owners and staff would stand outside passing out candy and other treats. The church with I am now a member has had candy and games for the kids since I was a kid. My adults that run the games for the event at the church went to it as a kid and have good memories. It still is a big hit with the kids. To round out our Trick or Treat, we would stop at a local clothing store that would hand out a dollar with some candy. It was a big hit. They stopped handing out the dollar now but that still hand out candy.

It is good to see some of the things I did for Halloween still going on today. It was a lot of fun collection all that candy. I would eat it for a couple days after and then my grandfather would finish it. I have never been a big candy eater even when I was a kid.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I hope you have a good time. We don't celebrate Halloween the way Americans do, if at all. Certainly where I live nothing goes on except a few fireworks. I have noticed one of our shops selling Halloween outfits for children but I have no idea if their sales are good.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ I did not go with my sister and the kids, I had to work. They did have fun trick or treating on Main Street.