Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Food Journey: My Favorite Fast Food Restaurants

I do not eat a lot of fast food. I thought for this weeks Food Journey, I would share my favorite fast food restaurants.

Burger King

What can I say? I love to have a whopper once in a while. I used to worked at a local Burger King several years ago. While working there I did not lose my taste for the charbroiled taste of Burger King's hamburgers. I did manage to lose almost 100 pounds while working at Burger King. I did eat the food just watched how much I eat. I have always liked Burger King's fries over the other fast food restaurant that you do not see on my list today that I lot of people claim have better fries. I disagree with that. I just wish Burger King would settle on want fries they service. I like trying the different versions of the Whooper when they do different promotions.

Chick-fil-a

When I was young the only Chick-fil-a in the area was at the mall in Asheville, North Carolina. It was a treat to get some waffle fries when we went to the mall. Now there is a Chick-fil-a in town. I like to stop in once in a while for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Out of all the fast food restaurants, Chick-fil-a has the cleanest restaurants and the most professional employees. My favorite meal to order is the Spicy Chicken Sandwich meal.

Arby's

When I am in the mood for roast beef, Arby's is the place I go. The beef and cheddar or the roast beef classic are a good standard but they have some specialty sandwich that are really good too. I do not care much for the curly fries. A lot of times I will just get a sandwich and a drink when I go there.

Jollibee

My first food in the Philippines was a hamburger and fries from Jollibee. Nothing like good memories to make a place special for you. That is not the only reason I like Jollibee. Jo Anne and I eat at Jolibees a couple times while I was in the Philippines and I enjoyed all the food I tried.

Taco Bell

Ah, Americanized Mexican food of Taco Bell. My best memories of Taco Bell is stopping there for dinner before church on Sunday night in high school with my friend Kevin and I treated Jo Anne to Taco Bell when I visited her in the Philippines. I do eat different things on the menu but the main thing I get is the Grilled Stuff Burrito.

Hardees

Hardees is my official fast food breakfast restaurant. Out if all the fast food restaurants, I have eating breakfast at Hardee's has the best. I am glad to see their lunch menu getting better too. They have some great hamburgers now but it is their breakfast I enjoy the most here.

Jack in the Box

Jack in the Box is one of the few restaurants or stores that Hendersonville got before Asheville. If I remember correctly, Jack in the Box had some bad press right before their store opened in Hendersonville. I think they recovered very well from the bad press.

I really like their Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger. Nothing like just meat and cheese, and more meat and cheese. I would get fat and sick if I eat their too much. I cannot imagine to fat and calories their meals have but they taste good.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Gosh, I feel really hungry now.

joeh said...

Love Chick-fil-a

DeniseinVA said...

I have not heard of Jollibee before but all the other restaurants I have tried in my time in the US. I generally stay out of them now but when we are traveling they are a welcome sight.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ I hope you got a lite snack.

Joeh ~ I love Chick-fil-a a lot.

Denise ~ Jollibee is a fast food restaurant in the Philippines with a few stores here is the states.