Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, October 11, 2014

A Few Days Without My Car

Since getting in my new house, I have spent more time and money dealing with my car then my house. On Wednesday, I took my car to the garage for the third time since getting my house. This time my check engine light came on and the code reader was flashing the code for the sensor my mechanic replaced two weeks ago. After checking over the car, the mechanic and I agreed that the ECU was bad. I made an appointment to bring the car back on Thursday, while my mechanic got the parts. On Thursday, I took the car in and the work begun on my car. After a couple hours of waiting my I was told the ECU from the junk yard would not initialize. I would have to they the car to the dealership and have them flash the computer and download the programing for the ECU. My mechanic and his crew put my old ECU back in and it would not work too. My mechanic said he would have my car towed to the dealership and get me a rental for the night.

One of the guys from the garage drove me over to the car rental place. I got a Chevy Sonic. The mechanic paid for the rental so I could get to work for the night. He also paid for the tow over to the dealership.

On Friday morning, I checked with the dealership and they told me they flashed the computer and the car was still not working and that there was something else going on with my car. The service manager told me that it would be Monday before they could check out my car and get it working. I told them to check it out and get it working because it did not make since to get the car towed back to my mechanic's garage. After finishing up with the service manager, I called and talked with my mechanic. He told me that want most likely is happening is the guy who know the most about computer in the cars at the dealership is not there today or is busy with other cars. We will see if they get my car working on Monday.

I trusted my mechanic because he has been honest with me since I have been going to him and he has not tried to get me to do things on my car that I did not need done. I am not a trained mechanic but I know somethings about car and know people who our trained mechanics I can ask about things I do not know. I have always been mistrusting of the service department at the dealership. In defense of the dealership, I have gotten good deals on the cars I have gotten from them including my current car.

Since I have been at my house all day today, I managed to get a couple things done that I have been meaning to do but have been putting off. I replaced the door knob on the front door and finished setting up my bedroom. My bed room looks more like a bedroom now I got my bed put together.

I hope after I get my car back from the dealership, I will not have any more problems for awhile with it. I want to focus on my house. I have a lot of things to do around the house to finish making it a home. I still have the curtains the seller had up in the living room up. I have been looking at curtains and trying to decide on a nice set. I also needed to paint the living room, dining room and hallway. I have plans to replace all the outlets in the house. I am even thinking of putting one outlet in the kitchen and one in my bedroom that has USB ports for charging of cell phones. As I said before, there is a lot to do around the house and the list seems to be growing faster then I get the thing done.

I hope to get my car back on Monday. I hate having to rely on others to get to the places I need to go. At least, I have been able to get somethings done around the house this weekend.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

A house is never without things to do, Dan. Don't worry, you'll get it all done in time. Just don't wear yourself out in the process. Sorry to hear about the car... they can be such a pain when they go wrong.

joeh said...

Sometimes the problem when the check engine light goes on is the check engine light.

Good luck with it. not having your car is a royal pain.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ Yes you are right a house is never without things to be done. I just would like to be focusing on the house not the car.

Joe ~ In this case the problem is the check engine light. While at least the computer that turns the check engine light on. Not having a car is great big royal pain.