Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Welcome Back Pastor Steve

There are a lot of changes going on in my life right now. I got my new house and all the changes that come with owning your first house. As I told you before, the pastor of my church left back in the spring. This weekend we where presented with a perspective Senior Pastor to vote on as a church body. When the announcement was made last Sunday, many people where excited to hear the good news. Steve Scoggins, our pastor from 1992 to 2001, was the prospect. He left 13 years ago to become the Senior Pastor of First Baptist Church in Opelika, Alabama. He has received God's calling to come back to Hendersonville First Baptist Church.

Pastor Steve had several meetings with the church staff and the congregation this past week. He preached all three services this morning. At the end of the services the members of Hendersonville First Baptist voted to call Steve Scoggins as our Senior Pastor once again. I am looking forward to him being our pastor again, I grew a lot spiritually under the teaching of Pastor Steve. I cannot wait to see how God grows me under Pastor Steve again.

Hendersonville First Baptist Church has been blessed with many great men of God to serve as Pastor. Pastor Steve is not the first to leave and return to be the pastor a second time. I am sure the church will continue to grow under Pastor Steve leadership because of his heart for God and God's People.

2 comments:

Betsy Adams said...

Sounds like your life is going great: new home, new pastor (one to welcome back), etc....

I used to live in Hendersonville --but not North Carolina.. My Hendersonville was in Tennessee.... ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Betsy ~ I thank God for everything going good right now. I have heard of Hendersonville, Tennessee and I would like to visit there one day.