Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, August 09, 2014

House Process Craziness

I have been wanting to post more post over the past couple weeks but it seems like every time I sat down to work on a post I couple a call or email about a form I needed to sign or some paper to take to the loan company. I think I signed a form about lead based paint four times already. For the last two weeks, I have been trying to get my landlord to do a rent verification for the loan company. I think the loan processor, my landlord and I have been playing phone tag. My landlord finally talked with the loan processor on Friday. He said he will fill the form he needs to fill out and send it in the the loan company. I will be so glad to have this process over with. Right now the closing is set for the end of the month. I will spend my Labor Day Weekend cleaning the new house and starting to move in. I am so excited. I cannot wait to bring Jo Anne home to our new house. No new on her Visa but Jo Anne and I believe God is putting things in place for us to be together.

I have been collecting boxes from work to use during the move. I started to plan out what order to move thing to the house. I plan to move my none listed books to the new house first to free up the room to pack up everything else. I have been trying to decide if I should go with the cable company or the phone company for my internet and television at the new house. I have my friend and mentor who is an electrician ready to come and work on some of the electrical stuff I need done in the house. I need to find a refrigerator too. In my searching for a house I looked a few houses that the house did not come with a refrigerator.

I hope there is no more problems to take care of for the house until after the closing. I want to focus on getting ready to move in and getting the utilities setup. I sure things will be okay with the loan paperwork now. I have some friends ready to help me with the move. I will update you as I can here. Looking forward to the work projects around the house.

6 comments:

Jo Anne said...

I thank God for the wonderful blessing my Love. I'm so happy you found a house now. I really can't wait to get there and live with you and start our life together. I love you very much my Love.

Blackberry Lane said...

We moved a couple of months ago and I know how stressful it can be. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Mildred ~ It is stressful especially when you try to get someone to fill out a form you need and they take their time. I hope I do not need to sign or fill out any more papers until the closing.

Valerie said...

People involved in house sales never seem to be in a hurry. I remember the hassle we went through when buying a new house. Hold in there, Dan, it will all come right in the end. I hope the next bit of news is about Jo Anne's Visa.

joeh said...

Years ago the process of getting a loan and closing was relatively simple, now it is ridiculously difficult and always seems to go down to the last minute. It will all work out, but you might lose a little sleep before it does.

Best wishes that the process works out, that first house is very exciting!

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ My landlord never seems to be in a hurry for anything. I sometimes have to track him down to pay my rent. Jo Anne and I both hope the next good news is her Visa approval.

Joey ~ I do not mind the paperwork and the checking of things. I hate having to sign the some form or forms that say the same thing four or five times.