Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Bridal Veil Falls At DuPont State Recreational Forrest

This Saturday, my friend, Seth and I hiked to the Bridal Veil Falls at DuPont State Recreational Forrest between Hendersonville and Brevard, North Carolina.


Some flowers along the way.



Trail sign at the begin of the trail leading to the falls.



The barn just before you get the the falls.



Spicebush Swallowtail Butterfly that I saw at the falls.


Now for my adventure up the Bridal Veil Falls. There was several people at the falls walking up and down and enjoying the falls.























7 comments:

Valerie said...

Spectacular falls, Dan. I'm wondering about the name Bridal Veil though unless it's because of the way the water falls in certain places.

Valerie said...

Went back for another look. Yes, it does look like a bride's veil. At first I thought something had happened to an actual bride. Silly me.

Betsy Adams said...

We love ALL of the Dupont area. In fact, we were there not too long ago...

Since Bridal Veil is harder to get to and not as spectacular as the others, we have only been there once.

BUT--I really enjoy all of that area. Here's a blog post I did from that area last March. http://betsyfromtennessee.blogspot.com/2014/03/a-cashiers-north-carolina-visit.html

Hugs,
Betsy

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ The water flows over the rock like a bridal veil.

Betsy ~ The last time I was at the Bridal Veil Falls, DuPont still owned the land. I live close enough I could go there at any time. I plan to visit all the waterfalls in the forest.

Jo Anne said...

I can't wait to go there with you my Love. I pray we can be together soon. I miss you so much, Mahal na mahal na mahal Kita!

L. D. said...

The whole area is beautiful and you have some great river shots. The falls are great to see.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Jo Anne ~ I cannot wait to take you different places here.

L.D. ~ I agree I live is a beautiful area. I hope I take some good pictures to post on the blog. Thank you for the comments.