Bible Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Sadness And Happiness Of Life

Sorry guys, that I have been quiet here the past two weeks. I have been busy with house stuff and family stuff.

Last Wednesday, the seller finally accepted my offer on a house. It is a two bedroom house. I am going to made the old garage which was converted into a bonus room into my bedroom. The two bedrooms will become my mom's room and a guest bedroom. I have so happy that I will have a nice and safe home for Jo Anne when she gets here. I love house and believe it will make a great house for many years to come. I have been gathering the papers I need for the loan and scheduling appointments for inspections and other people I need to see for the house. I had the home and pest inspection on Monday and it went good. Nothing major needing repairs. I need patch up a couple place and replace a couple things here and there but nothing needing to be done immediately. The closing is set for the end of August. Money is going to be tight for the next month or so while I get things settled with the house. Trusting God to provide the money I need for everything. I look forward to sharing my first time house ownership with you.

It was a few months of planning and the rain cleared up in time for my sister, Lisa's wedding. For once Lisa found a guy I like. Scott treats Lisa like gold. My mom and brother, Stephen, know Scott from when he went to school with Stephen. Mom bought the rings for them and the group home where they live planned and hosted the wedding. It was a very nice wedding. Stephen gave Lisa away. My niece, Julie and the daughter of one of the staff members was the flower girl. My nephew, Victor, was the ring boy. It was a beautiful wedding. I hope it is the start of many years of happy marriage for them

Now I have some sad news to tell you. My Uncle John passed away on Saturday. He went to the hospital about two weeks ago. We where hoping he would pull through this time. He passed with family around him including in first son which I helped find last year. I wish they had more time to get to know one another but they where happy with the time they got to share. Uncle John did a lot to help his family and my family. He will be missed. I look forward to seeing him when my time to go home comes. I got to meet Uncle John's first son, who we call, Big John, at his memorial service for the first time. I had only talked to to Big John on the phone before Sunday. Big John and I spent time talking about his dad and sharing memories of a man who made a big impacted of both of our lives.


My Aunt Sandy and Big John

Uncle John overcome drinking problem and battled with Muscular dystrophy. Even with the challenges he had in life he worked hard to provide for his family. He shared his love of cars with his family. I asked him many times about how it fix something of my car. He will be deeply missed.

I often say, "It is the sad and bad times in life that make us treasure the happy and good times in life."

7 comments:

Valerie said...

The ups and downs of life! First I am pleased you got the house... is that it on the photograph or is that where the wedding took place?

My condolences on the passing of your uncle.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ The house pictured is the house I got. I'm glad I got it. The wedding was held at the group home. Thanks for your condolences.

Blackberry Lane said...

So sorry about your Uncle.

Best wishes to your sister.

Congrats to you and your Mom on the new house. It looks very well kept and the yard looks nice too.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Mildred ~ Thank you!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

My condolences on the passing of your Uncle and best wishes to the new bride and congratulations to the new groom; may they have many years of happiness.
Thank you for visiting Thistle Cove Farm, you're always welcome here.

L. D. said...

I am so sorry for you loss. It is hard to lose family members. We all wish things could just stay the same. I hope the remaining family encourages each other.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Thistle Cove and L.D. ~ Thank you for your condolences.