Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, July 06, 2014

Independence Day Weekend 2014

I had an enjoyable Independence Day Weekend. I had Friday off to the holiday. I went down to Roscoe's in Tuxedo, North Carolina for the Independence day Celebration there. I say they have the best fireworks in the area. Roscoe's fires off fireworks as a thank you to the community and one or two of the camps nearby does too. This year was about 45 minutes of fireworks.


People waiting to get the Fourth Of July Specials at Mike's Chuckwagon next to Roscoe's.



My BBQ dinner from Mike's Chuckwagon.


At 7 PM, the singing started. This year, they had the Colt Creek Bluegrass Band and Greg Day. Greg is a songwriter and he is best know for the gospel song, The Midnight Cry.




Greg Day

People pull their cars onto the side of the road to see the fireworks. Some come hours early to get their spot.


Here are some pictures of the fireworks. I really need to get a tripod for my camera.













On Saturday, Mom and I took my brother, Stephen and his girlfriend, Velma out to celebrate their birthdays which are in July. We took them to the Moose Cafe at the Farmer's Market in Asheville, North Carolina.


Mom sitting outside the Moose Cafe.



I had the chicken livers for dinner at the Moose Cafe. They where good.


The is a great view around the Moose Cafe.


The Inn on the Biltmore Estate.



The view of the mountains overlooking the Farmer's Market.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Some nice scenes there, Dan. The plate of food made my mouth water.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ Thank you. The food did taste good.