Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, June 08, 2014

Loooking Glass Falls

Today, my mom and I met my brother Tim at the Twin Dragons Grand Buffet in Brevard, North Carolina for lunch. After we had lunch my mom and I drove up US Highway 276 through the Pisgah National Forest to look at the Looking Glass Falls which is right off the side of the road. Looking Glass Falls is one of many waterfalls in Transvania County, North Carolina which is called the Land of Waterfalls. I took these pictures while I was there this afternoon.


From the top on the trail down to the bottom on the falls.



From the end of the trail at the bottom of the falls.



Climbing the rocks going towards the falls. See the rainbow.



Close up of the rainbow. I am surprised it show up so good.



From the top of the rocks.

One day, I want to get closer to the falls and maybe get a picture from behind the falling water but I was not prepared to do that today.

4 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Beautiful waterfall. Looks like many folks were there to cool off! I know you and your Mom had an enjoyable time viewing God's beauty.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Blackberry Lane ~ Thanks for visiting. I enjoy visiting the different waterfalls in the area. Looking Glass Falls is normally very crowded since it is right next to the road. Today was a lite day.

Valerie said...

How wonderful to be able to get that close to the waterfall. Nice shots, Dan.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ Thank you. One needs to be careful around a waterfall.