Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Sister's Friend Killed By Drunk Driver

Wednesday night, I was checking the news on my phone while I was on my dinner break at work, when I read about a local woman killed by a drunk drive in Florida. I looked at the picture and realized it was an old friend of my oldest sister, Mary. I said to myself,"Oh my God, that is Liz."

I knew Liz since I was young and Liz worked with my sister and they were roommates for a while. I remember my sister and Liz hanging out. Liz having her seven kids and seeing them grow up through the the year. In the last few years, every time I saw Liz she would ask how my sister was doing and how things were going with Jo Anne and I. She was always sharing with people about her faith in our Lord Jesus. I know I will miss her. I feel sad that she will not get to meet Jo Anne. I think they would have enjoyed a good friendship.

What I know right now, is that Liz was in Florida to see her son compete in a track meet when she was killed. She was walking on Daytona Beach with her family when the drunk driver crashed through the gates and hitting her. Liz dead at the scene.

Here is the news story from 13 WLOS about Liz. She will be missed by those who knew her. My heart goes out to her family and the family of the drunk driver.

4 comments:

Jo Anne said...

I'm so sad to hear the news my Love, how I wish I was able to meet her.

joeh said...

That is very sad indeed.

Valerie said...

I'm sure I left a comment on this post yesterday. Perhaps I was dreaming. This news made me realise how precious life is. We never know what's round the corner, do we? The lady's family must be devastated. So sad.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ You may have left a comment here yesterday. I have had some problems with Blogger lately. I am sure her family is devastated they were a close family. We never know when it is our time to go.

Joe ~ Yes it is sad.