Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, June 23, 2014

Palmetto Trail Hike June 21, 2014

On Saturday, my friends, Seth and Joey, joined me on a short hike on the Saluda Mountains Passage of the Palmetto Trail. The Palmetto Trail starts on the coast of South Carolina to the mountains of Upstate South Carolina. The Saluda Mountains Passage section cuts through the Greenville Watershed.




These signs tells about the trail at the parking area.


We started at the parking area on Anders Road in Tuxedo, North Carolina. The parking area is about a quarter of a mile from the trail head on the North Carolina side of the stateline on the Old US Highway 25.


This sign is at the trail head tells the Greenville Watershed.





This section of the trail is only a couple years old. It is will maintained at this point.



Long the tail I saw several rocks piled on top of one another. I will post the coolest rock pile as the Photo of the Week on Friday.


There was not too many flowers along the trail for there was a lot of mushrooms and other fungus. I did get a couple pictures of flowers along the way. I only saw three or four.












Sam Gap sign near the halfway point of our hike.



The better view on the section of trail we hiked.



Just want to hop on and ride it through the forest.



Seth with Rayna, my dog, and Joey



Me and Joey



After a hour of hiking we turned around and headed back to our cars.


We enjoyed the hike and walked another some other tails to hike later on.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I would have loved that trail when I was able to walk that kind of terrain. Were you able to let your dog off the lead?

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ I did not see where I have to have her on the lead but we had to carry the waste out since it is through a watershed. I let her run off her lead at the parking area. I normally would have her off the lead on a hike when rules let it.