Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, June 15, 2014

DuPont State Recreational Forest : Fawn Lake and Airfield

This Saturday, I took Rayna for a short walk in the DuPont State Recreational Forest. DuPont State Recreational Forest is located between Hendersonville and Brevard, North Carolina. Today, I walked to Fawn Lake and Camp Summit Airfield.


Looking over Fawn Lake by the swimming area.



From the trail next to the lake.



In the woods opposite of the swimming area.


After walking around Fawn Lake a little, I continued on along Fawn Lake Road and headed on to the old Airfield.


The trail comes out near the old Hanger.



Looking down the airfield.



Scarecrows posted along the airfield.


I plan to return to do more hiking around the DuPont State Recreational Forest later this year. I hope to get some good pictures of the waterfalls in the forest.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

I like the look of the lake, Dan. Nice place to visit.

Jo Anne said...

A nice place to visit my Love.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie and Jo Anne ~ It is a nice place to visit with lots of gems like Fawn Lake.

Blackberry Lane said...

It is a lovely place to visit and I enjoyed the video you posted too.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Blackberry Lane ~ Thank you for visiting my Blog. It is a lovely place to visit.