Bible Verse Of The Day

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend Fun

Sorry for the late posting of this post. I am still playing catch up for being without the car.

Mom always done her best to provide the best life for my brothers and sisters and I. She got a divorce from my father when I was in kindergarten leaving her with 6 kids to take car of. I was already living with my grandparents, her parents.

I was glad to get my car back on Thursday. I had plan to take a trip down to Rutherfordton, North Carolina on Saturday. Mom had Saturday off so I took her and Rayna along with me. My original plan was to take pictures for my Spiritual Places, Spiritual Moments blog. The weather was not the greatest and I could not get good pictures, so my trip turned into a scouting trip with a later trip when the weather is better. Mom enjoyed the trip and the scenery. We took US Highway 64 through Chimney Rock and Lake Lure to Rutherfordton. We drove through Rutherfordton on through Spindale and Forest City. When I saw we were not far from Bostic, North Carolina. Bostic claims to be the born place of Abraham Lincoln. They have a museum called the Bostic Lincoln Center that presents the evidence that President Lincoln was born in this small town in the foothills of North Carolina. I plan to go back down when the museum is open to do a post here on Mountain Highs and Valley Lows. We made are way back to Hendersonville and dropped Rayna off at my house and headed to Sol Y Luna in Laurel Park, North Carolina. We enjoyed the food but our waiter seem to have something else on his mind other waiting on us. The times we have been there in the past the service was great too. Everyone is entitled to a off their game. I just wish it was not that I can to the restaurant.

Mom had to work Sunday morning so I went to church while she was at work. I picked mom up after church. After mom got cleaned and dressed we headed to Asiana Grand Buffet in Asheville, North Carolina. My brother, Tim, met us at the restaurant. We had a great meal and enjoyed our time talking and eating together. After lunch, mom and I went to Biltmore Park and walked around in the stores. At was a enjoyable weekend for my mom.

Mom has done so much for us over the years and still does a lot for us now. It is nice when we plan a event to thank her comes out great.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Your mom certainly did a lot for you and your siblings so I'm glad she had an enjoyable Mothers Day. Well done you for making it happen.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ Mom still does a lot for us too. I do not wait for a special day to thank her for the things she does for me.