Bible Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Little Bit Of A Scare Tonight!

My family had a little bit of a scare tonight. I was finishing up my dinner break when my younger sister called me telling me my older brother, Steven, was missing. Both my sister and brother are mentally handicap. I told her to call my mom and i would call mom on my next break. My sister makes things sound bigger then they are most of the time. I was little worried but I figured Steven would go back to the group home or my mom's house. My biggest worry was the weather tonight. The temperatures dropped and the wind is blowing with snow too.

On my last break, I called my mom and she told me, Steven was back at the group home. She told me the basics of what happen. Apparently, someone made Steven mad at the group home and he ran off. His social worker and some of the staff looked for him. Steven came back to the group home after a few hours. He went to the library in town which is a long walk from the group home. The distant is not much for Steven to walk. When he was young he would walk and ride his bike all over. In fact, mom and I were talking this past weekend about the time many year ago Steven got lost up on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

We are glad Steven is back home safe now. We thank God for that.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Yes, thank God your brother is safe and sound, but what a worry for you and your mom. Hope your mom is okay now. And you, of course.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Valerie ~ We are glad Steven is safe now. Mom is doing good. She was worried a lot while he was missing.

joeh said...

That would be a scare for sure.

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Joeh ~ I am glad he can back safe!