Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Like It Used To Be

This year has been the most snow storms I have seen in many years here around Hendersonville, North Carolina. This winter is looking like the winter from when I was young. This Wednesday and Thursday morning, we received 8 to 12 inches of snow. It looks great outside. The draw back is the snow makes it hard to travel. The warehouse canceled my shift last night and I decided to stay at mom's house again tonight and not go into work tonight even though the warehouse is open tonight. Some of the road I have to travel on still have lots of snow and ice on them. The road crews have been doing a great job with the roads and getting them cleaned. It helped that most people stayed off the roads Wednesday and Wednesday night so the road crews could do their job.

I normally, have no problems driving in the snow but this storm has dump more then I feel comfortable driving in. I plan to return to work tomorrow. I am sure the roads will be clear enough tomorrow to travel around and take care of things. I am sure I will be working a lot of overtime once I get back to work. We were a day behind on orders for before this storm due to the storm last week. I am sure many of my coworkers are not going to show up for work tonight because many of them are more nervous driving in the snow then I am. I believe at this time it is best to stay safe at mom's house.

It will be interesting to see how much more snow we get this winter. I do not stop looking for snow until March is over. In fact, some of the biggest snows I have seen around here have been in March. This winter, the Farmer's Almanac and the wooly worms were right about a hard winter. All the wooly worms I saw back in the fall were solid black.

I hope to post some pictures of the snow this weekend. I also have pictures of my trip down to my aunt and uncle's house last weekend to share too.

No comments: