Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, May 05, 2013

My Laptop Wanted A Drink Of Coffee

I had a a couple post planned to do last weekend. Saturday morning, I was getting ready to talk with Jo Anne on Skype some we could see one another on webcam. I had my coffee sitting on the table. I knocked the coffee cup over right on to my laptop. My keyboard got messed up and I think a little got on the insides. After checking to see how much it would cost to get it fixed, I decided to just get a new laptop. I have been working on setting up the new laptop all week. I can still get on the old laptop and email files I need on the new laptop from my old one.

I like the speed of the new laptop and some of the other features but I am not impressed with Windows 8. I feel like I have to go through at least three steps to do things I could do in one step on earlier versions of Windows. There are things flying all over the screen. If I get into a program from the start page, I see not way of closing the program when done. I am glad they still have the desktop and I am setting it up with the programs I need. I just try to avoid the start page apps and go to the desktop.

I have given myself some new rules to follow with my new laptop.

  • No drinks near the laptop.
  • No foods that you eat with liquids. (i.e. cereal)

I am looking at getting a case to keep my laptop in too. I have been carrying my laptop in a old book bag. I still need a case for my new camera which I love even more as I learn the new features on it. Buying the new laptop has set back my plan for getting a tripod for my camera but I am still looking around at different ones.

With the new camera and laptop, I hope to make a little more time for my blogs. I am planning to take a day trip with one of my friends to see the towns of Highlands and Cashiers, North Carolina. I hope to take some for pictures for my Spiritual Places, Spiritual Moments blog. Of course, I will have a post here on Mountain Highs and Valley Lows on the trip.

2 comments:

joeh said...

It took me weeks to get used to the new feel and features of my laptop a year or so ago. Breaking in a new one is a pain!

Dan the Mountain Man said...

joeh ~ I agree with you there. I just wish Microsoft would stop trying to be like Apple. If I wanted a Mac I would get one.