Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, October 06, 2012

Being Bored Is A Good Thing

This past week was a busy and a mix of things. I like want one of the ladies from my church said to me. "Being bored is a good thing, I can't wait to get back to bored."

Jo Anne has been sick the past two weeks and stayed in the hospital for a couple days this week. She is at home resting. The hard thing for my was being so far a way end not being to take care of her. Getting a washcloth to put on her head, something to drink, and just being there.

The lawyer is making the final preparations for the paperwork we need to file for Jo Anne's Visa. Jo Anne and I are hoping to get the approval soon. We miss one another more and more each day we have to wait. We will like to thank all the people who helped with the paperwork. We will have the paperwork filed this coming week.

My nieces Jessica and Vanessa were in town this week to visit my sister. It was go to see them. I wish I had more then the 30 minutes I got to see them with everything going on. Maybe next time, I will be able to spend a whole day with them. I am glad they are doing good.

My landlord has been working on the water system where I live. I would have water one minute and no water third minutes later. They just fixed a leak this morning, under one of the other homes. In the end, I should had better water pressure. When I paid my rent he also told me, he is works on getting a tractor to fix the roads. He will have some gravel put where I park my car. That will be go when it happens, the roads have big ruts and my parking area becomes a mud-hole when it rains.

I had a slow start to selling books in October. I set a sales goal of 40 books for this month, which is 8 more then the 32 books I sold in September. I have been having problems with the program I use to list my books on eBay. I also notice that some of the pictures on my listings disappeared. I plan on going through my listings and fix any problems I find. It is the pictures on the ones already listed. I try to describe each book to great detail.

Work was okay this week, but it went really slow. Supposedly, we had work but is was just taking time to work through the system and the warehouse. The quarterly meeting is next week, so that means I should get my perfect attendance bonus with next week's paycheck. I hope the report at the meeting is good news. A good sign is they replace temps whenever they let someone go and they have hired a few of the temps as regular employees. I am not afraid of losing my job but I am tired of the wait and see pattern everyone has been in for the last couple of years.

I will have lunch with one of my friends tomorrow when he gets off from work. We will make plans to take a day trip sometime this month. I am looking forward to the trip. It will be nice to get out of town and have a little break from things.

As you see I have been doing a lot of things lately and it looks like it will continue for a little while longer.

2 comments:

joeh said...

Hope that visa comes through soon!

Dan the Mountain Man said...

joeh ~ We hope so too. We trust that God will bring us together soon.