Bible Verse Of The Day

Friday, August 24, 2012

A Day With Mom On Her Birthday

I took this Thursday off from work to spend the day with my mom. It was mom's birthday and I wanted to do something special for her. After having breakfast with my oldest sister, Mary, and my niece, Julie, we headed up to Asheville, North Carolina. Mom and I, enjoyed our day looking around the shops in Asheville.

We stopped in Biltmore Village first and walked around. Biltmore Village is at the entrance of George Vanderbilt's Biltmore Estate. We enjoyed the shops there especially The Olde World Christmas Shoppe.

I went into All Souls Episcopal Cathedral. It is a very beautiful church that I plan on going back too.

Mom and I left Biltmore Village and looked around and shopped at other antique store, thrift shops and other store around Asheville. When it came time for dinner we stopped at Asiana in Skyland, North Carolina which is one of the best Asian buffets in Western North Carolina.

After dinner, we finished our trip to Asheville at my favorite place in Asheville, Biltmore Park.

Mom enjoyed her birthday and her tour around Asheville and so did I. We only wish my Love, Jo Anne was with us.

No comments: