Bible Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Immigration Update: A Little Longer Wait

Jo Anne and I are sorry that we have not posted very much in the last two weeks. Every time I sat down to do a post for my Blogs, I have had sometime come up. In April, I worked a lot a overtime at work and worked on setting up my online store on Ebay. I hope you will check out Dan the Mountain Man's Emporium. I sell books and I will be adding new books regularly.

This past week, I got a letter from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) saying it could be another six months before they make a decision on Jo Anne's Visa. After that it still goes to the State Department for their approval. Our lawyer said we are still in the time frame for the process normally takes for the issue involved in our case. Both Jo Anne and I are planning for and starting to prepare for the approval. I have mostly been trying to prepare my house for Jo Anne. I also started checking prices on flights to go get Jo Anne when the final approval comes. I am saving up money but not as much as I would like.

Jo Anne and I are hoping to be together by the end of this year. We do wish the process was a little faster but they are making sure Jo Anne and I are safe and the American people are safe. I do get a kick that it has been over a year and they are still doing things that a business takes only a couple weeks at most to do when you apply for a job. Granted, the background check is a little more detailed but over a year to do it. We are not terrorist or want to being harm to one another or other. Jo Anne and I talk everyday and often talk about our plans of starting a family and doing things to help others improve their lives. If I had the money I would take the time off to go visit Jo Anne because we miss being together. We decided to wait for her Visa to be approved for money reasons and emotional it be better not for me to leave her again. I cried almost all the way home from my visit to see her in the Philippines.

While we are sure the approval will come and before we know it we will be together and enjoying being in one another's arms again. Please continue to pray for us and thank you for your prayer and support you already given. Any news we will share here at Mountain Highs and Valley Lows.

2 comments:

joeh said...

I will throw in a word for you Mountian Man.

Best wishes

Cranky

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Cranky ~ Thank you. You and Your family are in my prayers too.