Bible Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Package From Africa

One of the things I like about the internet is meeting people all around the world. Over the years I have had the pleasure of meeting several people in different countries. As most of you know, I meet Jo Anne in a chat room online. One of my other friends that I met in the same chat room is my friend David from Uganda in Africa. David and I even through we never met, we have become like brothers. David has lost both is parents. David comes to me for advice and I try my best to give him good Godly advice. I am proud of the improvements David has done in his life.

I have sent David a couple packages. I have send no money and David has never asked for any money. A couple months ago, David told me he wanted to send me a package. It took him a little while to save the money to send the package. It cost a lot to send a package international if you never done it. I know it was a sacrifice for him just to send it and I will treasure his gift. David's gift included a shirt from Uganda, a piece of leather saying Greetings from Uganda, and a homemade card. I plan to wear the shirt to church and other special events.

After things get settle with Jo Anne and I, we hope to go visit David. It will nice to see where David lives and to see Lake Victoria the source of the Nile River.

No comments: