Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, December 31, 2011

My 2011 In Review

I cannot believe this is the last day of 2011. Like a lot of people I had my struggles this year but I have had a lot of good things happen too. Some things that I hoped would happen did not happen. I had some good surprises too.

I got hired on at my job as a regular employee at the end of 2010. I has been good to finally work for a company gives pay raises when they say they will give pay raises. I have made in my life and seems stable at this point. I also have started selling books online and doing good with it. I hope that in 2012 the book sales do even better. Even with my job going good, I have a lot of friends and family that are unemployed now. Some have run out of their unemployment benefits. Even with their struggles in this hard time, they are lucky to have family and friends helping them.

One thing that my job made possible is the filing for Jo Anne's Visa. Our lawyer helped us get the paperwork filed before the deadline. When I came back from my visit almost 3 years ago now to the Philippines to meet Jo Anne, I found out I did not have a job to good back too. We are in the waiting part of the Visa process now. We are excepting an answer from Homeland Security any day now and then it is over the State Department.

My aunt almost died in the spring. My family and I rushed to the hospital in Asheville, North Carolina. We are thankful to all the with the emergency crews and the hospital that saved her life.

I was blessed when I had a tire go flat on me on the way to church one Sunday and another local church paid for all four new tires for my car. A member from the church stopped to help my mentor and I change the tire. The next thing I know, the guys who help changed the tire called and said his church was going to pay for new tires for me. This was a great help to me.

This fall, my mentor had a heart attack. It was great to see the faith that my mentor has and the many ways God worked things out for him. Business slowed before his heart attack with his business and now that he is able to work again his business is picking back up. Insurance and other things are coming together to help take care of the cost of the hospital stay.

This past year was full of mountain highs and Valley lows but, God was there all the way. I am thankful for all the blessings I seen this year for all my family and friends and for myself. I am looking forward to seeing the great things God has in store for 2012.

No comments: