Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Merry Little Christmas!

Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays. As we take time to remember the greatest gift every given, that being the Son of God, Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

I spent Christmas Eve, doing the last of my mom's Christmas shopping, getting some gifts for mom and the last of the things needed for Christmas dinner. I also enjoyed sometime talking with my Love using the web cam on my computer. I wish it was in person. I am sure next year, we will be celebrating Christmas together.

This year, my church had three services for Christmas which were all the same. Two on Christmas Eve and one on Christmas morning. I went to the 6 PM service on Christmas Eve with my mom and sister, Lisa. The best part of the service was when a young man came up to me and told me that he was going into full time ministry and I played a part in it. Twelve years ago, I was a camp counselor at a summer camp and he was one of my campers. He told me that I was one of many people that God put in his life that show him the love of God to him. After the service, we talked a little more and prayed. Hearing what he said made me feel good that God used me to change someone's life and help spread the Good News of Jesus to people I will never meet.

Christmas morning, I spent the morning exchanging text messages with friends and family. I got a phone call from my Love. We enjoyed talking to one another and Jo Anne talked with my mom. The call made me wish that Jo Anne was here to celebrate Christmas with us. I do miss her so much.

My family joined we over at my mom's house for Christmas dinner. Mom prepared roast beef this year for something different. Everyone enjoyed the dinner and then we had the gift opening time. My sister's kids had a good Christmas this year with different people getting gifts for them. I hope my sister is able to find a job soon. After the gift opening we shared in some desserts. It was a Merry Little Christmas for me this year.

2 comments:

joeh said...

Merry Christmas, I hope next year you are together with you Jo Ann.

Cranky Old Man

Dan the Mountain Man said...

Cranky ~ I hope you you had a Merry Christmas too! We are sure we will be together next year!