Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Spending Thanksgiving With Family

I enjoyed the past couple day with my family and having some needed rest. My whole family join me at my mom's house. My mom was happy to see everyone on Thanksgiving Day. With one of my mom's friends joining us the total number of people was 16.

My aunt and Uncle came up with my cousin and his family from Marion, North Carolina. It was great to share Thanksgiving Day with them since we almost lost my aunt this year. We are thankful for the great job the EMS of McDowell County, the air medics from Hickory, North Carolina, and the doctors and nurses at Mission and St. Joseph's hospitals in Asheville, North Carolina. My youngest brother made it in from Kentucky.

I cooked the turkey and ham. My aunt, mom, and oldest sister helped cook the side dishes. I was surprised we had enough food for everyone. We decided to have ham with the turkey this year due to the number of people coming. We have are normal sides of stuffing, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, creamed onions, and other vegetables and cheese. For dessert we had apple pie, cherry pie, chocolate cake, peanut butter balls, and my favorite pumpkin pie.

Before we ate, we said the blessing and then when around telling the things we were thankful for. I was missing my Love so much and happy to see my whole family together I could not get what I was thankful for out. I ended up crying instead. This is the first time in a long time my whole family been together in a long time. I hope that next year Jo Anne will be with us.

While Black Friday, I took the day to rest. I only got up to go to the post office and to check on my house and turn the heat back on for when I returned last night. I do not like dealing with a lot of people and I saw nothing I needed or wanted for sale. By the news accounts, some people went all crazy over a brunch of junk. Besides, there are other sales where you can get the things cheaper if you watch for them.

The holiday season is off to a great start for me this year. I hope Jo Anne get the approval on her Visa we are waiting for this week. I hope all the readers and followers of Mountain Highs and Valley Lows have a Merry Christmas!

No comments: