Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Enjoying My Day Off!

Today, was the first day in what seems like forever that I have had a day off from work with nothing pressing to do. I started my Saturday, as I normally do, with going to Chick-fil-a and talking with Jo Anne and using my webcam so she can see me. I sent my afternoon going up to Asheville and looking around in some thrift stores and shopping at Foreign Affairs Oriental Market on Tunnel Road. I needed to get some banana catchup (banana sauce) and vermicelli. I also got a can of lychee juice. Yes I said banana catchup and it taste better then tomato catchup.

I stopped at a shoe store on the way up to Asheville to look for steel toed shoes for work. They only had steel toed boots. I do not want the boot because they hurt my feet. The shoe I am wearing now at work are show the wear. They are a pair of shoe from Wal~mart and I am impressed they lasted over a year. I guess you can get good quality stuff at Wal~mart but it is rare. I need to look in some other shoe stores for the steel toes shoes that look like regular street shoes. I do not want to wait for the next shoe truck to come to work. The good thing is the company I work for will pay for 60 percent up to $50 of the shoes.

On the way back I drove on part of the Blue Ridge Parkway. The leaves our in full color now. I guess there may be one more week. The Blue Ridge Parkway is a great place to look at the leaves. I enjoyed looking at the leaves on the whole trip today. Here are a couple pictures I took today of the leaves.


Along the Blue Ridge Parkway




A tree at one of the stores



I will enjoy more leaves as I head down to Marion, North Carolina to see my aunt and celebrate her birthday. My mom and youngest sister will be joining me on the trip down. I am treating them all out for dinner at a local buffet my aunt likes to go to in Marion. It will be good to spend time with my aunt and uncle tomorrow. I plan on doing a post about my trip tomorrow.

No comments: