Bible Verse Of The Day

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

The morning ten years ago start like any normal day but, quickly changed to a day of horror and shock. I remember having the day off but waking early to take my mom to work. I came out to the living room where my mom was watching the news just before the cut over to the World Trade Center. Terrorism did not enter my mind until I saw the second plane hit the towers. I remember thinking at that time, “Oh my God! We are being attacked!” I felt shocked more then horror that day and the days after. I had seen two the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in person before that day. I remember the tour guide on the bus pointing out where the truck entered the garage in the 1993 bombing of World Trade Center as we drove by as we toured New York City on a mission trip. On the same trip, we had the honor of preforming at the Pentagon. After we sung our songs, we took a tour of the Pentagon. I can not help but think that I had been in the section of the Pentagon that was hit by the plane.

Since that day, I have had many changes in my life. I have refused to let the fear that the men behind the attacks tried to bring to people in the would stop me from doing the things I wanted to do. This attack was an attack not only on the United States but all people of the world. It was an attack on Christians, Jews, Buddhist, and Muslims alike. I still rely on my faith in God to make it through each day. I pray that people while remember the protection and strength God provided that day.

I would like to take this time to thank the First Responders who service us everyday and run into danger as most are running out to help people in need. Many First Responders gave their lives to save other ten years ago. Lets always remember the heroes of 9/11, rather they were a First Responder or not.

No comments: