Bible Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Best

My Best

I give you my best.
You reject my best.
I want to give you my best.
You say you want my best.
I used to do my best.
You rejected my best.
Can I give you my best?
Do you really want my best?
I give you my best.
You reject my best.

Written by Dan the Mountain Man


I wrote this poem as part of dealing with trying to give my best to people who rejected my best. I always try to give my best to people in work, family, and relationships. I am surprised at how my times people reject the best a person can give them. I guess we all do it reject someone's best because their best is not our way. I take pride in the things I do for others. I am just tired of dealing with people who say they want my best but because I am not doing it their way the reject my best. Please do not ask for my best and then proceed to tell me I am doing it the wrong way. You can make suggestions on how I can do something better. I will try your way. If you way works for me I will use your way. If my way works better for me I will use my way. As I have many times before I will join the two ways together. I am different from you. Your way of doing things may not work for me. Give me goals to meet and some limits on how to do it. Do not force me to done it only one way, your way. If you want it done your way do it yourself. You are the only one who can do it the way you want it. All I can do is give you my best or try giving you my best. I am not the one who loses when you reject my best. You are the loser. If you let me do my best we both will look good.

No comments: