Bible Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Shopping For Clothes At Thrift Stores

It has been over two years since the last time I brought myself some shirts, pants and shorts. The last time time I went clothes shopping was when I was in the Philippines with my Love, Jo Anne. When I got back from the Philippines, I lost my job. After a little over a year of looking for work and working a nightmare of a job, I got a temp job where I work now. I was hired on as a regular employee in December. Now with summer being the time for overtime and I have gotten settled down with a working budget and have built a little savings up. I decided to take a little money and get some well needed clothes.

I enjoy shopping at thrift store for my clothes. I find a lot of almost new and sometimes new clothes that would cost $20 to $60 for less then $5. Shopping for shorts in a pain at the many of the thrift stores around Hendersonville since many mix the men and women shorts together. It drives me crazy having to dig through women's clothes to find a good pair of shorts for me. Then it is almost impossible to find a pair of jeans in my size a thrift store. I find the sizes smaller and larger. It is like my size jeans are in a black hole when it comes to thrift stores.

While even with the problems I have with Thrift Stores not having the right sizes sometimes. For less then $30 over the last few days, I got seven shirts and three pairs of shorts. One shirt I got for 27 cents and it looks almost new. If I got it at a retail store, it would have more then $10 even on sale.

I like to shop at the thrift stores for Hospice and for Council of Aging's Meals on Wheels since they benefit programs that were a great help to my grandparents in their last years. I also like to shop at the thrift store for Mainstay, which is the local shelter for abused women. They always seem to have nice clothes their too. Then there is the old stand byes of the Salvation Army and Goodwill stores.

No comments: