Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spiritual Retreat: "Singing with Prayer and Thanksgiving"

Every year our church celebrated Maundy Thursday by having a spiritual retreat. For the past years we usually have an outdoor retreat were most of the time we held it at Himlayang Pilipino Memorial Park. We rent one place on the park called "Malakas at Maganda Shrine". This year the board member of our church together with our Pastor decided to do our spiritual retreat on our home church and we also done it in a different way. Our theme for this year is "Singing with Prayer and Thanksgiving". It is a whole day acitivty started at 8:00AM and we ended around 4:00PM. It is a great blessing for me that I was able to join the said activity and I am really blessed from the very start till the end. The flow of our program is more on singing of praise and worship songs followed by a prayer. We used the four steps on how we pray which is the ACTS that stands for Adoration, Confessiion, Thanksgiving and Supplication. There is a portion given for those who would like to share there testimonies and I heard a lot of wonderful things God has done in the lives of our members. My heart is overflowing with joy and happiness, I feel God's presence as I sing praises and worship songs to Him. I cannot control my emotions and tears keep falling in my eyes. I do feel God's unconditional and unfailing love to me and everyone of us. Eventhough there are times we turn our back to Him and forget Him, still He never leave us nor forsake us. We are the reason that God gave His only son, and that He suffered and died on the cross to save us from our sins because He loves us. God is faithful, He is good all the time and He is worthy to receive all our praises and honor. To God be the glory now and forever.


"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

No comments: