Bible Verse Of The Day

Monday, April 25, 2011

Food Journey: Mexican Hot Dog Casserole

I found this recipe on the side of a can of Texas Pete® Chile Sauce. I prepared it for dinner for my mother, brother, and his girlfriend and we all enjoyed it. Since them and I enjoyed it, I decided to share it here with you.


1 – 15 to 16 oz. can of black, pinto or chili beans
1 package of hot dogs
1 – 8 oz. package shredded Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack or taco cheese
1 – 10 oz. can Texas Pete® Hot Sauce
Texas Pete® Hot Sauce to taste
Pour the beans into a 9 inch by 12 inch or 9 inch square baking dish sprayed or lightly greased. Cut each hot dog lengthwise and arrange in a single layer on top of the beans. Spread the Texas Pete® Chile Sauce evenly on top. Splash on Texas Pete® Hot Sauce to taste. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until hot and the cheese is melted.
~Source: Side of can of Texas Pete® Hot Sauce


I doubled the recipe and used a 11 inch by 13 inch baking dish. It is a easy meal to prepare. I also use chili beans switch made it a little runny but draining the sauce off the beans will take care of that problem unless you like it a little runny. You can have the kids help with the layering part of the recipe. Of course the cutting of the hot dogs should be left to an adult.


I am often surprised of the places I found good recipes. I look in cookbooks, websites, on packages of food, and ones that my friends and family share with me. When I get a really good one, I will share it here if I can.

No comments: