Bible Verse Of The Day

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Aunt In The Hospital

Monday morning my brother called me, my aunt had been flown to the hospital in Asheville, North Carolina. My uncle found her unresponsive when he woke up. I had my brother call me back once he knew more about what was happening while I got ready to go get mom at work and head to the hospital. He called me back when he got to the hospital and talked with the doctors. When I got off the phone, I called mom and told her I was coming to get her and that her sister was in the hospital. We do not know what is happen. I had mom to call my sister when I picked her up to tell her what was happening and to give my mom a little something to do while we traveled to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital, met my sister with her kids and my uncle, cousin and brother. After my brother and uncle told us what happened, my mom and I went in to see my aunt. My aunt looked really bad when we first saw her. The doctors where doing all kinds of test to see what cause her to be unresponsive but everything was coming back okay.

They transferred her to a ICU unit in the hospital system around the time I had to leave for work. I went to visit her on Tuesday and she was doing and looking a lot better. After talking with her a little bit I knew she would be okay. She was joking and moving around. I took my uncle and cousin out to lunch at TGI Fridays down the road from the hospitals. They enjoyed the lunch and it was a good break from the hospital. I enjoyed talking about different things since we do not get to see one another much. We got back to the hospital as my brother, sister, and mother got there. I said good bye to my aunt and headed off to work.

I am glad to tell my aunt continues to improve and is in a regular room now. The doctors still have no idea what cause her to be unresponsive but they believe it was caused by her blood sugar and blood pressure going up and down over the past week. Please pray for my aunt and family. I will update you more when I can.

No comments: