Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ghost In My Life

In the pass week, a couple of the shows I watch regularly that are not paranormal shows talked about ghost. This got me thinking of my personal ghost experiences. Two come from my childhood and one from a place where I worked.

One time, I took a wild tour of one of the many caves in Eastern Tennessee with a group I was involved with. This was not my first cave trip so I knew the different sounds one hears in the underground. Before heading to bed, our tour guide told us the history of the cavern we were spending the night in. The history he told us included a ghost story. I did not think much of the ghost part of the story until later after we went to bed. At some point during the night, I woke up and heard what sounded like someone with bare feet running through the sleeping area. I peaked out of my sleeping bag and saw no light. While I was listening to the foot falls they got loader and then faded away just like someone running by me.

This next story happen in my teen years. I had been camping several times at Holmes Educational State Forest and seen strange thing that I have not seen anywhere else. One night I was siting up with a friend just talking after everyone else in the group went on to bed. As we were talking we looked up to the field that was nearby the campsite, when we saw lights coming out of the woods on the other side of the field. The legend goes that back in the days of the Civilian Conservation Corps, a few of the workers from a camp nearby got lost during a snow storm and froze to death. Before they died they wondered the mountain side looking for the camp and walked through the what is now the group campsite at Holmes Educational State Forest. We looked at one another to see if the other saw the same thing. We watched the lights come further out out of the woods and start heading across the field, when we decided to head on to our tent and take our sleep.

One thing that has only happen to me at this campsite and no where else, is waking in the night and it being as if the side of the tent was not there. What I mean is that I could see through the side of the tent. I could see things outside the tent as if I was sitting outside the tent looking at them. This never scared me but I did find it interesting. I have heard about other strange thing others have seen in the area. I would like to do some research on the area to see if there is any truth in the stories I have heard. I have found that ghost stories have a lot of historical fact in them even if the ghost are real or not.

My last ghost story today involves the Burger King, I worked at a few years ago. One day I came into work and the ladies were all excited about hearing or seeing a woman in the kitchen. They looked all over the place and saw no one. I couple weeks later I was in the kitchen talking with one of the ladies during slow period in the day when I heard a female's voice clear as could be say hello. It was like a good friend just walked and said hello. Even through my coworker said she did not heard the voice I knew she did because of the look that came over her face when I heard the voice. I did check the front of the store and only saw a male coworker. After that, I heard of a couple other ghostly events even after I no longer worked there.

With my experiences and the stories I have read, I believe that ghost are trapped energy. Even the Bible refers to ghost.
Immediately he made the disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds. And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, but the boat by this time was a long way from the land, beaten by the waves, for the wind was against them. And in the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, "It is a ghost!" and they cried out in fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid."

And Peter answered him, "Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water." He said, "Come." So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. But when he saw the wind he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me." Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God." ~ Matthew 14:22-33 (ESV)

And also,
Immediately he made his disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side, to Bethsaida, while he dismissed the crowd. And after he had taken leave of them, he went up on the mountain to pray. And when evening came, the boat was out on the sea, and he was alone on the land. And he saw that they were making headway painfully, for the wind was against them. And about the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. He meant to pass by them, but when they saw him walking on the sea they thought it was a ghost, and cried out, 50for they all saw him and were terrified. But immediately he spoke to them and said, "Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid." And he got into the boat with them, and the wind ceased. And they were utterly astounded, 52for they did not understand about the loaves, but their hearts were hardened. ~ Mark 6:45-52 (ESV)


I do not know if ghost are real or not. I am not sure how to explain these and other events in a different way at this time.

1 comment:

Jo Anne said...

Don't scare me my Love when we are together, im afraid of ghost and i dont want to see them :) I love you very very very very much.