Bible Verse Of The Day

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Shepherd of my Soul

A shepherd is known as a persons engaged in the tending of sheep. It was the duty of the sheepherder to lead his flock to pasture and fresh water. In Bible lands it was the custom for the shepherd to lead his sheep rather than to drive them. Another necessary task was that of protecting the flock from wild animals and robbers. At night the shepherd led his sheep to a place of shelter and protection, such as a fold or a natural enclosure, where he counted them to see that none had strayed. At lambing time the shepherd gave special care to the ewes and the lambs.

In our lives, we also had a good shepherd that is our Lord Jesus Christ, and we are His sheep. Jesus called His followers sheep, and as His sheep we long to comprehend what it means to find contentment under the watchful eye of our loving, trustworthy, heavenly Shepherd. At some point of life, we might seem lost because we used to take the roads we want and not following our shepherd. We made our own decisions and not listening to His will. As His sheep we should give Him the full control of our lives that way we are rest assured we will not gone astray. Our shepherd is a great provider, our protector, and the one who can give the unconditional love and the best care we long to have.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Even though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:1-6




Shepherd of my soul I give you full control,
Wherever You may lead I will follow.
I have made the choice to listen for Your voice,
Wherever You may lead I will go.

Shepherd of my soul I give you full control,
Wherever You may lead I will follow.
I have made the choice to listen for Your voice,
Wherever You may lead I will go.

Be it in a quiet pasture or by a gentle stream,
The Shepherd of my soul is by my side.
Should I face a mighty mountain or a valley dark and deep,
The Shepherd of my soul will be my guide.

Shepherd of my soul I give you full control,
Wherever You may lead I will follow.
I have made the choice to listen for Your voice,
Wherever You may lead I will go.

No comments: