Bible Verse Of The Day

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Seasons of Prayer: “Pray and Never Give Up”

"Then Jesus told His disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, "Grant me justice against my adversary". For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, eventhough I don't fear God or care about men, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming! And the Lord said, Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:1-8

Last January 15, 2011 I had a chance to attend the last day of the Seasons of Prayer held at Word of Hope Church. It's a 15 days of prayer started January 1 as we welcome year 2011. Better to start the new year with a prayer. It has been a great blessing to me and how I wish I was able to complete the 15 days of prayer. The program starts with praise and worship then followed by a short message, annointing of oil and more time spent in prayer. The Pastor shared about the Parable of the Persistent Widow and he simplified it by giving us 3 important prayer principles Jesus taught in the parable.
I. Overcome worry with prayer
> worry is faith in the negative; it is like walking in the rocking chair and it's a magnet that attracts negative circumstances.
> instead of worrying, let us face the challenging circumstances and pray about it.

II. Pray Persistently
> the most effective prayer in the Bible are those that were prayed persistently.
> God bless those who persist.
"Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice." Psalm 55:17

III. Never Ever Doubt - Pray Positively
> you must expect God to answer your prayers
"But when you asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double minded man, unstable in all he does." James 1:6-8

The message strikes my heart and it helps me to throw away all my worries, doubts and fears and replace it with trust and hope that God is in control of my life and He will never ever leave me nor forsake me. God's comfort and peace cover me as I pray and come into His presence. If anyone of us feel tired and almost want to give up, i encourage you to pray persistently and read the Word of God then you will find rest and your strength will be renewed.

No comments: